Anita Karim victorious in ONE Warrior Series 10 against Estonia’s Marie Ruumet
Pakistan’s first female MMA fighter Anita Karim was unanimously victorious against Estonia’s Marie Ruumet in ONE Warrior Series 10. One Warrior Series 10 was played on February 19 as part of the ONE Championship 2020 in Singapore.
Anita Karim, famously known as Anita “The Arm Collector” Karim, was competing in women’s atomweight category. She was representing Team Fight Fortress (TFF) as well as the Fairtex Gym. She was being coached by Uloomi Karim Shaheen, who himself is an MMA fighter.
Anita Karim started her career from the platform of The Fight Fortress Islamabad which was founded by MMA coaches from Gilgit-Baltistan.
She is one of the three Mixed Martia Arts fighters from Pakistan to compete in ONE Championship’s ONE Warrior Series 10.
Rich Franklin’s ONE Warrior Series (OWS) streamed its first live event in 2020 on February 19 where 15-Bout Card was set for the ONE Warrior Series 10.
The OWS 10 card will feature 15 match-ups as athletes from five continents aim to make a big impression and earn a contract to compete on the main ONE Championship roster.
There will be 13 competitors who will make their OWS debuts in Singapore, but the bill also features a host of familiar faces who will try to build on their previous success and make the leap to the global stage.www.onefc.com/
The lineup for ONE Warrior Series 10
- Byung Hee Lim vs. Kieran Joblin (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Alan Philpott vs. Ahmed Faress (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Min Hyuk Lee vs. Ryoji Kudo (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Sasha Moisa vs. Shahzaib Rindh (kickboxing – featherweight)
- Mehdi Bagheri vs. Koji Shikuwa (mixed martial arts – welterweight)
- Michael Walker vs. Kanta Motoyama (kickboxing – flyweight)
- Daniel Van Heerden vs. Arash Fairtex Mardani (mixed martial arts – 110-kilogram catch weight)
- Marc Grayson vs. Rick Alchin (mixed martial arts – middleweight)
- Adib Sulaiman vs. Susovan Ghosh (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Marie Ruumet vs. Anita Fairtex Karim (mixed martial arts – women’s atomweight)
- Myung Gu Kim vs. James Fairtex Bishop (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Joey Baylon vs. Manthan Rane (mixed martial arts – 60-kilogram catch weight)
- Peter Danesoe vs. Irfan Ahmad (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Saksit Janhom vs. Shammah Chandran (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Seung Hyun Cho vs. Rana Rudra Pratap Singh (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
Two other Pakistani MMA fighters played their matches as part of the ONE Warrior Series 10. Irfan “The Gorilla” Ahmad won his mixed martial arts match against Peter Danesoe in the strawweight category. Irfan Ahmad was representing Team Shaheen
Shahzaib Rindh, who was participating in his first professional international match was defeated by Ukraine’s Sasha Moisa.
The 21-year-old Shahzaib is a student of Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS). Pakistani MMA fighter Ahmed “The Wolverine” Mujtaba also studied from the same varsity.
Here are complete results of ONE Warrior Series 10
- Byung Hee Lim bt. Kieran Joblin by TKO
- Ahmed Faress bt. Alan Philpott by Submission
- Ryoji Kudo bt. Min Hyuk Lee by UD
- Mehdi Bagheri bt. Koji Shikuwa by TKO
- Sasha Moisa bt. Shahzaib Rindh by KO
- Kanta Motoyama bt Michael Walker by UD
- Daniel Van Heerden bt. Arash Mardani by TKO
- Marc Grayson bt. Rick Alchin by Submission
- Adib Sulaiman bt. Susovan Ghosh by TKO
- Anita Karim bt. Marie Ruumet by UD
- Manthan Rane bt. Joey Baylon by UD
- Irfan Ahmad bt. Peter Danesoe by UD
- Shammah Chandran bt. Saksit Janhom by TKO
- Rana Rudra Pratap Singh bt. Seung Hyun Cho by Submission
Follow these steps to help slow the spread of the virus and to reduce the risk of infection:
➡️ Wash your hands with soap and water regularly and thoroughly; this means for at least 20 seconds
➡️ Cough or sneeze into your elbow or into a clean tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin
➡️ Stay 1.5 meters away from others. If you are sick, stay home
➡️ If you’re feeling sick or showing symptoms of coronavirus, you should call your designated numbers in your city for advice.
➡️ For more information and tips to help improve your safety and wellbeing, visit the Federal Government’s official website